What if my appointment was cancelled during the months of March, April, May?
We ask for your patience during this process as we continue to formulate a plan to schedule everyone back in a safe and orderly fashion. Our team will be in touch once we reopen.
What should I expect when I arrive for my appointment?
1. Our office will contact you to confirm your appointment.
2. We will send you a link to our online patient portal to update your personal patient information and screening questions. Please complete these forms before coming in.
3. Online forms are also available on our website.
4. We will have you contact us from the parking lot when you arrive, and you will then be directed on when to come into the office.
5. The door to the office will be propped open so that no handles will need to be touched.
6. You will be asked the same screening questions again when you check in.
7. We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use.
8. Your temperature will be taken.
9. Please wear a mask and bring a pen.
10. Please do not wear gloves.
11. We would really appreciate it if you could refrain from using your cellphone once you enter the office.
12. We ask that only the patient receiving care enter the office. All others are asked to wait in their car or outside of the office.
13. Minors or those that need assistance will be allowed to enter with a parent/caretaker.
14. Please continue to practice social distancing. You will see social distancing markings throughout the office so you can travel confidently throughout the office
15. You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer water, magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
16. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
17. We will do our best to allow for greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of chairs and the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
18. We have online payments available on our website and have installed payment terminals with tap to pay/Apple Pay to allow for contactless payment.
If you are sick, please call us to reschedule your appointment. We would appreciate 48 hours notification in order to afford another patient the opportunity to come in to receive the dental care they need.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Have you made any updates to the office to keep me safe?
During the time that we have been away, CDO has made improvements for a more contactless environment.
1. We have added online forms to our website to allow for easier updates of your medical and personal information in addition to minimizing the handling of paper in the office. This feature is found under our Online Forms tab. New and existing patients will be emailed a link to the patient portal to update their information. Please update this information before coming in.
2. We have renovated the front desk reception area and added protective barriers to allow for better social distancing and flow during the check in and checkout process.
3. We have installed tap to pay/Apple pay credit card terminals to facilitate payments with our front office team. Online payment is now available on our website.
For your safety we are upgrading our air filtration system that kills bacteria and viruses as airflow is cycled throughout the office. We will also have portable HEPA UV air filtration units that will be used within the treatment rooms and reception area.
I am over 65 years old, should I keep my appointment?
Patients that are over 65 years old and those that are medically compromised are considered to be in a high risk category for Coronavirus. For your safety, we are recommending that you reschedule your appointment during this initial phase of reopening.
Any other questions, please text us or call the office at 860-523-4239.